Be sure to keep this in mind as you develop your story:
1. Setting - make sure it fits your story.
2. Characters - make them come alive - they will ensure the success of your story! Ask people what they think about the names you have chosen for your characters.
3. Plot - This includes complications that arise and the climax and resolution!!
What should you do first?
1. Write your story.
2. Decide what part of your story you want in pictures and what part in text.
3. Make a storyboard to get a feel for the flow of the story (You can use cards, powerpoint, etc - something that allows you to change things around if you want.)
4. Decide the movement on the page - what do you want the reader to do. For example, do you want movement to turn the page?
5. Select your font and colors
6. Draw your illustrations or use PowerPoint clip art - or have someone else be your illustrator.
7. Decide the structure of your pages - do you want something like a graphic novel/comic book? Do you want full illustrations on your page? Will your story work better with a combination? It is your decision.
8. Make your book!!!